Saturday, December 24, 2005

You Just can't Make This Shit Up...

The Pope realizing that Dubya is even dumber than he thought...
"The GO Zone Act ... increases funding for Hope scholarships and lifetime learning credits for students attending colleges and graduate students in the -- and graduate schools in the Gulf Opportunity Zone. It's going to make continuing education for workers more accessible and help support high school training that these Gulf Coast residents are going to need to fill the jobs which are actually going to be existing."

Aw-righty. Hellena's no grammarian, but she's pretty darned sure that sentence would make any of her past English teachers cringe. This is the stuff they pick to put on the front page of the White House web site.
When Bush ran the first time, I realized something: I want my president to be smarter than I am. I don't ask much, but I want him to be smarter than me. - Mike Mills, R.E.M.

Hellena couldn't agree more, Mr. Mills.

No comments: