SHERIDAN, Colorado (AP) -- A couple planning to set off their own Super Bowl pyrotechnics accidentally blew up their own car while transporting a balloon filled with an explosive gas.
Norman Frey, 46, and his companion suffered busted eardrums in the explosion Sunday as they drove to a party for Super Bowl XL, according to the Arapahoe County sheriff.
The balloon had been filled with acetylene, a flammable gas used in welding, and it had rolled across the back seat, possibly causing static electricity that ignited the gas.
The explosion broke windows, bent doors outwards and pushed up the roof about a foot.
"Looking at the car closely, it's amazing that these people weren't killed," Sheriff Grayson Robinson said.
Please, oh please, let these 2 people be too old to breed.......